Friday, August 7, 2009

Liberia coming to Appleton!

While I don't know what's next for me and Liberia, I wanted to share this as a way that those of us who live outside Liberia can help. During my visit there, I met a couple of folks from Orphan Relief and Rescue. I got to see some of the projects that they're working on and learned a bunch about the challenges of construction in the country.
I like the video below because it gives great background info on Liberia, and explains what OR&R does. I'm excited about their work because I've seen it, and because it focuses on both immediate and sustainable help for hungry and poor people.
Here's the really exciting news: Andrew (the guy in the video) is coming to Appleton! He's going to be sharing at my church on Sunday, August 30. I hope if you're in the area you'll come to meet him and hear his stories!